Western University, Department of Communication & Public Affairs
Westminster Hall, Suite 360, London, Ontario, Canada, N6A 3K7
Tel: 519-661-2045 • Fax: 519-661-3921
Arlie Laxton Alumni Photo Contest open for entries!
Arlie Laxton Alumni Photo Contest
The Arlie Laxton Alumni Photo Contest is named in honour of the late Arlie Laxton, BScN’37, a nursing grad who made it possible through an endowed gift to Western.
• People – portraits, candid and activity photos of family, friends, other alumni, etc.
• Other – landscape, still life, nature, architecture, animals, etc.
• Digitally Enhanced – Photos altered, enhanced, touchedup after the fact by Photoshop or any other computer photography software. This category is open to photos of people, portraits, landscape, nature, etc.
• Limit one entry per person.
• Entries must include photographer’s full name, degree and year, address, telephone number and a brief explanation of the photograph, how it was taken and in which category it is being entered.
• Photos of people must be accompanied by a statement that those depicted have given permission for the photograph to be published. People in the photos must be identified.
• If there is any digital enhancement of the photos, it must be declared and entered in the Digitally Enhanced category.
• Entries not meeting these requirements or formatted improperly will not be judged. Entries mailed will not be returned. Contest open only to alumni of Western University who are not employees and/or officers of the University.
• Deadline for entries: June 30, 2013
• Winners will be announced online at alumnigazette.ca and in the Fall 2013 issue of the Western Alumni Gazette.
Preference is for photos to be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (maximum file size 5MB). Photos can also be submitted to:
Arlie Laxton Alumni Photo Contest,
Communications & Public Affairs, Western University,
Suite 360, Westminster Hall, London, Ontario,
Canada, N6A 3K7
First prize in each category – $250 each
One runner-up prize in each category – $100 each
• Dallas Curow, BA’06 (MIT), freelance lifestyle and editorial photographer
• Paul Mayne, Western News reporter/photographer
• Jim Rankin, BSc’88 (Biology), Toronto Star photographer
• Terry Rice, BFA’98, MA’00, Director, Marketing & Creative Services, Western
For more information, please e-mail email@example.com
For last year’s winners, visit www.alumnigazette.ca/issues/fall-2012/chris-jongkind.html
Login to view and post comments